Jozef J. (Jos) Opdeweegh is a C-suite executive with more than 18 years of experience developing, leading, and growing public and private global companies. Leveraging a leadership style founded on the core values of respect, transparency, and openness, Opdeweegh has served as CEO for Premier Farnell PLC, Neovia Logistics, Americold Realty Trust, and syncreon. Currently, Opdeweegh is the CEO for Connect Group PLC.
Complementing and enhancing his experiences as a CEO, Opdeweegh has also held several independent Board of Director and Chairman roles in ERP, data warehousing, distribution, logistics, warehouse automation and CPG companies.
Born to a family of educators in Belgium, Opdeweegh has always embraced the importance of developing expertise through diverse experiences and challenges. As such, he has worked across numerous industries and has stood at the cradle of a number of successful start-ups. In addition, Jos has been an operating partner at a prominent private equity company. He has also honed a nuanced, global perspective on business strategy through professional assignments or projects in the U.S., Canada, Germany, UK, Belgium, the Netherlands, France, Spain, Hungary, Slovakia, Singapore, India, Brazil, Argentina, China, Ireland, Turkey, Australia, and New Zealand.
A graduate of University of Hasselt in Belgium, Opdeweegh holds both a Master of Business Administration and a Master of Applied Economics, Business Engineering with a major in Operations Research. Given his international upbringing and career, he is fluent in English, Dutch, and German, with a working command of French.
Opdeweegh currently resides in London, the UK, with his wife, Jacqueline Miguel, and is the proud father of six children.
- Created six successful private and public events of liquidity.
- Led the sale of Premier Farnell PLC to Avnet at a 71% premium to the share price within 6 a period of 6 months.
- Carved out a subsidiary of Caterpillar Logistics Services and created a fully stand-alone company without any further reliance on the previous parent company with record EBITDA and revenue levels in a period of 2 years.
- Doubled the EBITDA of Americold Realty Trust in a period of 4 years while increasing the EBITDA margin by 6.4% through productivity gains and SG&A optimization.
- Led syncreon from a relatively small, sunset business with 4 facilities to a global logistics company with over 50 facilities in 11 countries over a period of 7 years.
Opdeweegh holds dual citizenship in the U.S. and E.U.